Saturday, June 1, 2019

My Year With Nature- A New Beginning

      It has been many years since I last blogged. It has been many years that I left my farm for suburbia.Much has changed. It will take volumes to explain the circumstances that required us to leave that lifestyle that we cherished.I have much to be thankful for here in my suburban Charlotte neighborhood,however there is a yearning that I find impossible to ignore. My goal on the farm was  to find an easy peace with creation, to find in nature sustenance,communion,Life. On the farm my longings were met in spite of any of the trials struggles that I encountered. Now, I am no longer the wiles of Mother Nature for my livelihood.I must seek nature intentionally. Fortunately, it is not difficult to appreciate the bounty that our Earth provides for us.Season after season,Nature has at hand sights, sounds, scents,and experiences ready for the taking.

This is my challenge-
Month by month I will share my experiences and my ideas as I glean nature's
seasonal offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment